[Full-Time, Klagenfurt, Austria]
STARTING TIME: Immediately
Bitmovin, a YCombinator company, is a fast growing privately owned technology leader, located in San Francisco, CA and Klagenfurt, Austria. The company was founded by the co-creators of international media standards like MPEG-DASH, that is used today by Netflix, Youtube, and others. Bitmovin is the technology leader in online video technologies such as cloud-based encoding, adaptive streaming players, 360°/VR streaming and performance analytics. Bitmovin is backed by top investors such as Atomico as well as industry leaders like the former VP Engineering of Netflix, former CTO of Cisco, founder of Unity3D, and many others. Bitmovin’s customers include the top media and technology companies worldwide, including Ooyala, RTL, Pro7Sat1, Bouygues Telecom, Technicolor, Televisa, Zattoo and many others.
We believe our employees are the most valuable assets of our company. They drive Bitmovin’s success with their knowledge, experience and passion. Therefore we provide a high degree of freedom to our employees to initiate projects and take on responsibility, while paying a very competitive salary above the average.
Working at Bitmovin is international, fast-paced, fun and challenging. We’re looking for talented, passionate and inspired people who want to change the way media is consumed online. Join us to develop, sell and market the world’s best video infrastructure for the Web.
- Develop and maintain video and image encoding software that plugs into the Bitmovin service, designing for quality, robustness and scale
- Participate in work related to next-generation video technologies such as AV1 and work with world leading codec teams in standardization
- Design, implement and test video and image compression algorithms for software implementations
- Support the Bitmovin product development team in implementing customer requirements
- BS in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or equivalent. MS or PhD a plus
- Experience programming in C/C++
- Experience in modern video codec (H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, VP9, AV1) algorithm research or development
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in designing core algorithms for video codec implementations
- Excellent C++ programming skills
- Involvement in open-source multimedia projects (such as ffmpeg, x264, gpac, webm)
- Experience with image and video quality assessment
- Strong background in image and signal processing, both algorithm design and implementation (e.g., deinterlacing, scaling, noise reduction)
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems and cloud-computing
- Experience with software performance optimization
- Experience in software design, problem solving and debugging
- Working with an innovative, fast growing and international team with low hierarchy
- Opportunity to make an impact on the multimedia industry, with target markets EU and US
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work hours
- Investment in growth and education
- No routines, but new challenging projects with global impact
- Free snacks and great coffee
- Open spaced office
- Regular and fun team activities (hackathons, skiing days, …)
- Company laptops also for private use
- The opportunity to work for an exciting start-up, building innovative video solutions.
STARTING TIME: Immediately
Empower your future and join us now!
Apply via email@example.com