CREATE-NET (Center for REsearch And Telecommunication Experimentation for NETworked communities) is seeking a Senior Telecommunications Research Engineer looking for career opportunities for professional growth in driving funded experimental research projects in the areas of: G-MPLS controlled optical networks, Carrier Ethernet core networks, Next generation access networks. Ideal candidates should have a background on broadband network technologies deployed at industrial level (vendor or ISP). International experience is considered as an asset. This senior profile will report to the Area Head of Engineering & Fast Prototyping (ENGINE) Area.
- Project execution and management: (i) Research and development in the field of experimental research infrastructures/testbed (e.g. EC ICT-FP7 FI-PPP Project „INFINITY“) and networking (e.g. EC ICT-FP7 projects „CHRON“ on optical networking, “OFELIA” on OpenFlow); (ii) Contribution to feasibility studies and consultancy activities in the field of Carrier Ethernet and next generation access networks for the local government; (iii) Management of ongoing and forthcoming projects, in the context of EU-FP7 Cooperative Projects, industry collaborations, and local/national initiatives.
- Funding activities: EU-FP7: (i) preparation of project proposal applications under the framework of EC ICT-FP7: building consortia, identifying opportunities and contacts with EU officers, participation to EU consultation meetings; (ii) applications for local funding (large-scale projects, ERDF projects, post-doc grants, etc.) by the Province of Trento.
- Business development: outreach to industry in order to favor technology transfer and create new business opportunities.
- Technology Transfer: generation of new IP (Intellectual Property) and contribution to international standardization efforts.
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering with at least 5 years of work experience or an equivalent expertise (M. Sc. + 10 years in the field);
- strong background in Telecommunications, relevant for Broadband communication systems and networking.
- Strong academic record (experience and publications), being curious, creative and ambitious.
- Multi-year industry experience, even better if at the European and/or international level. good writing and oral communication skills are also required. Fluency in Italian is highly desirable.
The following organizational skills are requested for this position:
- Significant project management experience, with proven skills in strategic planning, and financial responsibility;
- Ability to coordinate cross-functional teams and multi-disciplinary projects;
- Record of successful working relationships with internal/external collaborators, industrial partners, legislators, and funding institutions, and aptitude for building collaborations and partnerships;
- Autonomous thinking, decision making and problem solving skills;
- Prioritization, time management skills and capability to adapt to dynamic environments.